Photographer

I am a freelance photographer based in Edinburgh and London. I photograph weddings (see karentakesweddingpictures.com) Also general portraiture, fashion and events. If you are interested in booking, please contact me: karentakespictures@yahoo.com or call 07841 576898 for pricing and further information.

Sunday 17 January 2010

Social Shoot on Calton Hill ~ Edinburgh

Allan and Connie

As part of a location social assignment, I decided to go grand. This twelve column national monument was designed by Charles Cockerell and William Playfair, who were inspired by the Parthenon in Athens. It was the perfect location for a couples shoot. It was very cold and very windy, Allan and Connie (the couple) were really patient and did an astounding job. Carole Burden assisted and was patient and helpful too of course!

I wanted to show off the monument as the location was key to the assignment. I avoided the couple looking too romantic and 'lovey dovey' Instead, the location was complemented with confident personality. Although they are a couple, they are obvious individuals.  Shot on 17th January 2010.

1 comment:

  1. Love these karen, you have seriosly stepped it up a notch since northampton! got room up there for me?
    x
    Wayne

    ReplyDelete