Photographer

I am a freelance photographer based in Edinburgh and London. I photograph weddings (see karentakesweddingpictures.com) Also general portraiture, fashion and events. If you are interested in booking, please contact me: karentakespictures@yahoo.com or call 07841 576898 for pricing and further information.

Sunday 20 February 2011

Play time with light and glass.

Lit with two soft boxes and a large silver reflector. Both bottles laid on metallic red card on the floor. I shoot from above with a 200mm lens (standing on a chair with the tripod extended to the max!)

This is a tiny 7 ml bottle of concentrated No9! The little black (plastic) jewels came in a bag with a  single clear jewel, weird and cool! I placed the odd one on the bottle. Lit with a large softbox and mirrors to reflect some shine. 

Here is that single, odd ball gem from the packet of black ones! I placed this and the bottle on a mirror with the large softbox behind. The bottle was in soft focus as I kept the diamond sharp. I turned it monochrome in Photoshop which gave it a vintage feel.

A single bottle placed on green metallic card with a mirror to the left to reflect and duplicate some details. I particularly like the mirror's beveled edge repeating the brand name.   A large softbox behind and silver reflectors to bounce the light about more.

  Blue metallic card this time. Lit with one soft box to the side. I cross processed the colours in Photoshop.
Red metallic card to the left over a mirror, it wasn't entirely planned out this way but I like the end result. I saturated the colours to give it a vintage feel. 
me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment